PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Deposit Payment: 50% of the total, inclusive of tax and service fee is due within 10 days of the initial request for reservation. If reservation is booked within the final payment due time period, full payment is required.
Final Payment: Remaining 50% plus $1,000.00 refundable security deposit is due 45 days prior to arrival.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
The owner recommends purchasing a travel protection insurance policy from a reputable seller that covers trip cancellation, delay, interruption and other circumstances.
If the guest cancels a reservation:
1) 90 days or more prior to the scheduled check in date, the owner will refund all amounts already paid to the owner.
2) 61-89 days prior to the scheduled check in date, the guest is eligible for a certificate equal to the value alreadypaid towards the booking of a new reservation within one year, based on availability.
3) 60 days or less prior to the scheduled check in date, the owner is not obliged to refund any amounts already paid.
4) At any time for Christmas and New Years weeks, the owner is not obliged to refund any amounts already paid.5) At any time for bookings made from winning auction bidders through a charity event, the owner is not obliged to refund any amounts already paid.
All cancellations must be presented to the owners in writing (email).
The guest should understand that no partial or full refunds will be given for trip delay or trip interruption due to inclement weather, natural disasters or any other circumstances out of the control of the owner or the guest.
The guest is permitted to postpone their trip without penalties if the guest gives notice to the owner in writing (email) at least 90 days prior to the initial scheduled check-in*.
The newly requested dates must be for stays within 15 months from the date of the original contract.
Additional fees may apply if the guest chooses dates outside of their original seasonal or discounted rate time frame.
The newly requested dates must have a rate that is equal to the originally paid rate*. Otherwise, additional fees may apply.
Due to COVID-19, if there are current local driving restrictions within Costa Rica and/or current stay-at-home orders in Costa Rica or in the guest’s city of departure; or if there are travel restrictions in either the guest’s city of departure or at the borders of Costa Rica and this affects the dates in this contract, the guest may postpone their trip and choose other available dates within their seasonal time frame. The guest understands that additional fees may apply if new dates are chosen outside of their seasonal or discounted rate time frame.
* With the exception of Christmas and New Years weeks (see below).
The guest is permitted to postpone a Christmas or New Years booking without penalties if the guest gives notice to the owner in writing (email) at least 6 months prior to the the initial scheduled check-in.
Christmas and New Years weeks may be postponed to a normal-rate week, however, penalties will apply if the change is requested within 6 months of the original check-in date. 100% refunds for the rate difference will be given if the change is made 6 months prior to original check-in. 50% refunds for the rate difference will be given if the change is made less than 6 months prior to original check-in.